Joseph C. McKenzie practices primarily in the areas of criminal defense, traffic defense, immigration, and landlord and tenant litigation. Mr. McKenzie represents clients facing serious and complex criminal and traffic related matters.
He is licensed to practice in Maryland and is an active member of the Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, the Montgomery County Bar Association, and the Maryland State Bar Association.
Passage through the criminal justice system can be an intimidating confusing and frightening process. Mr. McKenzie will take the time to guide you through the legal process.
Whether you are charged with a misdemeanor or a felony, involved in a complicated conspiracy case or a facing a first time traffic violation, Mr. McKenzie will patiently explain the procedures, possible consequences, and available legal options in your case.
Mr. McKenzie is a guest lecturer at local colleges and universities where he mentors law students on selecting the area of legal practice that is best suited for their particular skills.
He also teaches students, as well as other attorneys, how to successfully start their own law firm. Mr. McKenzie is also a motivational speaker; his speeches primarily focus on social issues faced by teenagers and college students.
Joseph C. McKenzie is a proven trial lawyer who will fight for you in and out of the courtroom.
He returns calls promptly and is available to answer your questions, no matter the time of day. Please call us today to schedule a consultation.
TOPICS COVERED FOR TEENS AND COLLEGE STUDENTS:
- Making SMART Choices
- Overcoming Adversity
- How to Get and Stay Motivated
- Positively Influencing Your Peers
- A Practical Solution for Bullying
- Interacting with and Respecting Police Officers
- Cyber bullying and the Criminal Consequences
- How parents and children can reduce the risk of Child sexual abuse
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- University of Baltimore School of Law. J.D.
- Oakwood University, Psychology, B.S., Huntsville, Alabama.
- State’s Attorney’s Office, Montgomery County.
- Honorable Michael S. Pincus, Associate Judge, Sixth Circuit Court, Montgomery County.
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association.
- Montgomery County Bar Association.
- Maryland State Bar Association.